Would you like to:
- Increase communication between builders and trade contractors?
- Set and meet reasonable expectations?
- Save time?
- Save money?
- Protect yourself from litigation?
- Reduce warranty callbacks?
Click here to download the order form.
Builders and trades helped create this concise document containing the specific standards of performance for each residential construction trade. In addition to a model Trade Contractor Agreement and Lien Waivers, the Guide includes several items for each trade: a Job Ready Checklist, Scopes of Work and a Job Complete Checklist. These all work together to improve communication between builders and trades in an effort to avoid misunderstandings.
Each residential construction trade has an individual chapter in the book, containing information pertinent only to that trade. Some trades have multiple chapters, reflecting the various stages of construction. The Guide includes a CD containing all the chapters in Microsoft Word format. After signing a Licensing Agreement, purchasers can customize the Guide to fit their specific needs.
The Partnering Guide contains the following information for each construction trade:
Job Ready Checklist to be used by the Builder to verify that the construction site is ready for that particular trade to begin work. The Builder can use this list to be sure that construction has reached the proper point of completion for the Trade Contractor to begin work.
Scopes of Work define a minimum standard of performance for the specific trade. The Scopes of Work are designed to be attached to the Trade Contractor Agreement and thus become a component of the contract.
Job Complete Checklist to be reviewed and signed by both the Builder and Trade Contractor to verify that all work has been properly completed to the standards defined in the Scopes of Work.
Trade Contractor Agreement and Lien Waivers. The contract defines the relationship and obligation of both the Builder and the Trade Contractor. The Trade Contractor Agreement is not complete without the attachment of the appropriate Scopes of Work and the Trade Contractor’s Bid Sheet.
- The Job Complete Checklist helps you spot mistakes early while they can still be fixed at minimum cost and with little lost time.
- The Job Ready Checklist helps ensure the jobsite is ready for the trade contractor, so you don’t have to worry about rescheduling issues.
- The Partnering Guide helps you make sure the job is done right the first time, which will reduce the number of warranty calls you receive–saving you time and money.
The checklists help reduce last-minute scrambles to finish the job on time.
The Guide helps raise the builder’s level of professionalism, when they request bids on a job, they can attach complete Scopes of Work as a description of exactly what the job would entail
- The Scopes of Work spell out exactly what the builder expects of the contractor, which reduces misunderstandings and conflicts.
TRADE CONTRACTORS BENEFITS
- The Job Ready Checklist helps reduce time wasted on scheduling issues; it helps cut down on the times contractors arrive on a job site only to discover the site is not ready for them.
- The Guide helps raise contractor’s level of professionalism when they bid on a job, they can attach complete Scopes of Work as a description of exactly what the job would entail.
The Job Complete Checklist helps protect the contractor from call backs and warranty calls – when the builder and the contractor sign off that the contractor’s work has been done correctly and completely, no other trade can come in later and claim some damage they caused was actually the fault of the original contractor.
- The Scopes of Work spell out exactly what the contractor agrees to do, which reduces misunderstandings and conflicts with the builder.
- Because the agreement requires all contractors to clean up after themselves, the Guide guarantees the work area will be clean and ready for every contractor.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 678-775-1469.