24 May Builders Best Practices
City of Atlanta
Electric Vehicle Charging Station Requirements: Solution: An engineer needs to do an electrical panel schedule***Calculations are NO LONGER required
Pre-Demolition Procedure: The City’s Arborist Division has issued new pre-demolition procedures for tree protection.
- Install tree protection fencing per approved Arborist stamped plans
- Schedule an inspection by submitting pre-demolition inspection form
- Check Arborist stamped plans for field arborist signature and that the inspection passed
- If inspection failed, make corrections, and resubmit pre-demolition inspection form
Underground Water Retention: City Inspectors are now visually inspecting all underground water retention units before they are sealed shut. If you cannot have an inspector view your retention unit, you will be required to have a stamped letter from an engineer for your project.
Water Meters: For water meters within the city limits, when you get your building permit, please apply and pay for your water meter on the same day you get your building permit.
Sewer Flow Issues: Many of our members have expressed frustration with how long it is taking to get a sewer capacity request approved in Dekalb County. We recommend following these steps below to help expedite that process.
- Contact Michelle Otts at DeKalb County Watershed Mangament at 404-371-4918 or email@example.com
- Engage a state registered engineer who is familiar with Dekalb County
- Have your engineer contact Keith Laguaite at 404-371-4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and Submit the form Keith provides to your engineer)
- Your engineer submits the form back to Keith to run through a sewer capacity model for testing
- Dekalb County will send you the results of the sewer model testing
Private Plan Review
Click here for more